Only one Indonesian massage treatment will make you feel phenomenal and scented. Essential oils will allure and relax you, and yours is just to enjoy!
What is pregnancy massage?
Who better deserves and needs good massage therapy than a mother to be? I cannot think of anyone, can you? Pregnancy is a very stressful time in a woman’s life, on the physical level as well as on the emotional. By increasing the blood and lymph circulation, lowering the heart rate, relaxing the body and easing the mind, pregnancy massage therapy can be very beneficial on both of these levels. It relieves common symptoms of the following delicate feminine conditions:
- Muscle cramps, spasms and myofascial pain of the lower back, neck, shoulders, hips and legs;
- The excess stress on weight-bearing joints;
- The swelling of the extremities (arms, hands, legs and feet);
- Sleep difficulties and psychological turmoil (stress, anxiety, fear and restlessness).
Many independent studies have conclusively shown that the positively beneficial effects of massage when pregnant also benefit the growing child in the mother’s womb and result in easier and less painful delivery.
Preventive measures in pregnancy massage
What is the difference between pregnancy massage and any other massage? Well, there are a number of significant differences which should not be overlooked. And due to those differences, therapists who perform pregnancy massage must be specially trained and certified accordingly, and they must always take those extra few preventive measures:
- Pregnancy massage should not be performed until the first trimester of the pregnancy has been concluded because the increased blood circulation may lead to dizziness and a worsening of the existing morning sickness symptoms.
- The pregnant woman’s positioning is detrimental to her safety and the safety of the child she is carrying. If using a massage table for the pregnancy massage session, it must be a semi-reclining table. If such an appropriate table is not available, the pregnant woman should lie on her side and switch sides in mid session to make both her hips available for the massage treatment. A wide variety of pillows (body, wedge, and extra padding pillows) set in a few strategic places under the pregnant woman’s body can significantly add to her comfort.
- Important safety measures: the pregnant woman must never lie directly on her belly, and the flat, horizontal table with the hole for the belly must never be used as it inflicts too much stress on her lower back.
- Certain parts of the pregnant woman’s body must never be massaged or pressed; both sides of the ankles, as well as the webbing between the thumbs and the index fingers, are pressure points that can induce early labour when exposed to sustained pressure.
For the great majority of the time, pregnancy massages are perfectly safe and much advised . However, under certain particular conditions, a massage when pregnant should not be attempted without consulting a medical specialist, and those conditions may be:
- Women who are at risk of preterm labour,
- Women with blood clots or related blood clotting disorders.
How are pregnancy massages and any other massages similar to one another? Every human being (pregnant or not, female or male, young or old, rich or poor) enjoys the touch of another human being as it conveys comfort, love, awareness, caring, security and too many other wonderful sensations to name in this single short oration. Pregnancy massage, as well as any other kind of massage, provides all that and more.
Since pregnant women need a touch more than everyone else, do not hesitate to please your beautiful half with one special treatment. The smile on her face and the baby’s enjoyment in her belly are priceless!